• Instagram Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
Sep 3, 2018

Diesel Sedans, is it worth to buy in 2018? What will be the future of Diesel Cars in India ? #BS VI

8 comments

Hi Faisal,

Do you think it's a wise choice to go for Diesel Sedans (Skoda Rapid, Verna, Vento) in 2018/19 ? What will be the future after 3-4 years ?

My budget is 15-16Lakh, What do you suggest ?

Sep 3, 2018

Next generation VW and Skoda cars coming in 2021, won't advise buying the 8 year old cars now.

Verna will get a facelift by 2020.

Sep 3, 2018

Thanks Faisal,

But can't wait for 2021 or 2020.

Should I go for Honda City Petrol, if Diesel Cars bet is dicey to buy now ?

Sep 5, 2018

@Gaurav Saini See, iif fuel economy is your biggest priority then I think a oil burner is perfect for you.The new Ciaz with an all new 1.5l diesel engine is just months away if you want that extra space and comfort. But if you want out right performance then the verna is the car for you.

Sep 5, 2018

@nazaar.mohamed98 Thanks Nazaar.

But I guess You didn't understand my question, I was asking about BS VI Norms, will they gonna ban BS IV engines ?

Verna (All Diesel Cars currently) are BS IV compliance.

Sep 6, 2018

Diesels care are here to stay, for a long time, so don't worry about it.

Sep 7, 2018

but I had read that VW will be bringing the Virtus only in petrol as the cost of diesel engine will be very high due to Bharat Stage 6 norms. So most of the car manufacturers will keep only petrol as a option

Sep 8, 2018

@ATHARVA Dalvi yes, that will be the reason for small diesel engines to be discontinued due to high cost of complying with BS6 emission norms.

Sep 8, 2018

Other companies can do something similar to what merc has done with the S class's power train to comply with future BS6 norms. Am I missing something?