• Instagram Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
Jun 25, 2018

Best driver's car in 2018, in petrol, sub 10L

8 comments

Since we all love beans, lets have discussion about the best fun to drive cars that can be bought in India.

Conditions:

1. Must be fun to drive

2. Nothing else matters (boot space, backseat comfort etc are irrelevant)

Criteria:

1. Less than 10 lakhs on-road price.

2. Any left-over funds can be used for modifications (tires etc - pls suggest your modifications also)

3. Gasoline in the tank (no diesels)

What are your picks??

Jun 25, 2018Edited: Jun 25, 2018

My favourite gasoline cars are 1)Maruti Swift

2)Ford Freestyle

3)Honda Brio

4)VW Polo TSi (slightly above 10lks)

Jun 25, 2018

Ford freestyle for me because - polo GT tsi has a gearbox issue , and there are no abarth puntos on road . Rest all cars are just not exicting if you talk about petrol. Why don't you try diesel cars? I have an aspire sports diesel and I bet you won't regret buying that car. Everytime I drive it I have a smile on my face .

Jun 25, 2018

In my view there are 3 NEW Fun to drive Cars under or around 10L -

1) VW Polo GT TSI - May go above 10L but the performance of the 1.2L TSI is phenomenal ! Talking about modifications, there are not much options & in Terms of safety, no one beats the Germans !!

2) MS Nexa Baleno RS - Around 10L, the 1.0L BoosterJet is a rev-lovvin engine & never fails to wow you with its Acceleration as you floor the gas pedal.

3) Fiat Punto Abarth - Around 10L, peppy engine, the turbocharged 1.4L Turbocharged Engine is massive in terms of 0-100 figures but the only problem is its availability & Fiat Service problems

Overall Baleno RS is a Nice Package but the only minus point is Safety if compared with the Germans....

Maybe we will be seeing a Tata Tiago JTP somewhat around December this year, you could wait for it after all it stands for Jayem Tata Performance

Jun 30, 2018

I would suggest the swift petrol. the top end variant can be had for 8.2 lakhs and that 1.2 K series engine is one of the best.

Jun 30, 2018

1.Fiat punto

2. polo gt tsi

3. freestyle

Jun 30, 2018

Fiat Punto Abarth or the Ford Figo (diesel).

Jun 30, 2018

Baleno RS , Freestyle Petrol, Swift ZXi+ , upcoming tiago and tigor jtp

Jul 1, 2018

If you want in taxi segment then you should go for dzire base model